Friday, September 24, 2004

bee stings so bad

I got bit by something I never recognized. I was holding the gate of the back door open when suddenly something stung me on the pinky finger of the right hand. The pain was so agonizing I screamed. I looked at my finger, and saw something, some black something with white goo oozing out of its ass. I quickly snatched the wicked thing and threw it on the dusty pavement. I studied my wound, which was still stinging, and decided that looking at it would do me no good. I went back into the house, found my mom in her bedroom and asked for help. She calmly searched for her spectacles, found it in her shoulder bag, studied my wound, which was still stinging, and transformed into an inquisitor. She asked, what bit you? I replied, “no idea”. “Was it a centipede”? “Hell, no! If it were a centipede, I would be dead by now”. “Is your whole arm stinging?” “No, just the whole pinky finger.” After a few moments, she concluded. “It’s a bee that stung you”, pointing out the round wound. I looked at my wound, which was still stinging, and added. “At least I’ve experienced being bit by one”. She then opened on of her drawers, pulled out one of her weird smelling oils, applied it on the wound and transformed back into my mother. She asked, “does it still hurt?” “Yes, still.” I replied. She then stood up, walked to the door and said, “come, its dinner time”.

No comments: