Saturday, September 25, 2004

the stomach aches

Dammit, I can’t sleep. I woke up 4 a.m. due to a bad stomach and went down hurriedly to avoid a disaster. Spent some fifteen minutes sitting on the throne, contemplating, regretting why I ever slept on the coldest part of our house, the third floor. Did what was to be done, I stood up and washed and went back to bed. Thirty seconds later, I found myself climbing down the stairs, in a mid run, rushing again to the comfort room, still contemplating and regretting why I ever slept on the coldest part of our house, the third floor. I went back fifteen minutes later, feeling secure it wasn’t going to happen again. And Mother Nature just keeps on teasing me. I look out and it starts to rain. Then it starts to get very cold. Not again. My stomach starts to grumble again. God help me.
Found my self still awake an hour later. I dunno if I’m ever sleeping again. My cousin’s alarm just went off; it’s officially five 5:15 in the morning. She rises, looks around. Sees me lying on my bed, ignores me, and then searches for her towel and climbs down. Lucky her, her stomach’s not grumbling. Dammit, mine’s still is.

No comments: