Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I Want Things To Be Simple

Don't need cool shades
For a good feel
You can keep the fancy clothes
I'll take walkin in the rain
Over things material
I'll trade Girbaud and the big names
Give me faces that I know
Just play a melody that everybody knows

Take it down, down, down
And strip it to the core
I don't really need much less is more, more, more

True to life, true to me
The way it's got to be
So simple, so simple, so simple
Live to love, love to be
Absolutely free
So simple, so simple, simple

Give me wisdom, plain and truthful
Teach me somethin I don't know
Plain as education, inspiration I suppose
Give me family, on a Sunday
And I'll be just fine
There's nothing in the world
That's worth more of my time

Take it down, down, down
And strip it to the core
I don't really need much less is more, more, more

Livin my dream, is my song to the world
Let 'em hear it
Sharin' my soul and spirit
I'm hopin that you hear it
Got one life to live
It's only what you make it
Every new day's a chance worth takin

No comments: